Spiraweld Pipe has been manufactured in NZ and used in the market for over 30 years and as a production facility Spiraweld only works with stainless steels. Spiraweld has the advantage of being able to produce most common pipe diameters in ID or OD to order, and within comparatively short lead times [1-3 weeks]. Lengths are made to order and can be supplied at any length up to 10m.
Short runs of 6m are available.
The highest quality is ensured by using:
- Low carbon grade stainless steel
- T304L, T316L and Duplex
- Low profile internal and external welds (continuous uniform shape & thickness)
- Immersion in a mixture of Nitric and Hydrofluoric acid, pickles and passivates the weld and pipe
- Diameter: maximum +/- 0.5%
- Wall thickness tolerance +0 -6%
- Length: +10mm – 0, available in 6 metres and up to 10 metres long
- Material: As specified – material certificates issued upon request
- Protection: Each length inspected prior to complete immersion to chemically descale and passivate the internal and external surfaces of the pipe
- Packaging: Either loose or securely strapped to wooden feet or packed in gluts
- Testing: When negotiated (e.g. Radiography Tensile test etc). Please contact us to discuss
- Other sizes specified upon request
- Schedule: pipe sizes up to 4mm thick can be manufactured
- Fittings: Bends, Tees, Neck rings and Flanges available
PIPE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
Tensile testing across the weld has shown decreases in material UTS of less than 5%.
Testing information on loading, compression strength, crush and bending properties is not currently available but standard mechanical calculations can be used along with relevant factors of safety for the application.
Spirally welded pipe generally exhibits good cylindricity due to axial symmetry. There are a number of other structural benefits of spirally welded pipe.
A guide to pressure ratings is included in the link below.
Click the link below for Pipe sizes, working pressure information & example test certificate data: